Develop a Transition Blueprint
Creating Successful Transitions
On average, most owners only exit a business once in their lifetimes. It is often a brand-new experience with a series of decisions that can greatly alter the outcome.
We Can Provide a Blueprint:
- Outlay the Plan to Initiate the Process
- Decide an Exit Date
- Acquire Independent, Objective Professionals to Help
- Maximize the Sales Value or Succession Strategy
- Plan the Post-Sale Tax Impact
Time is a Valuable Tool in Exit Planning
In general, the shorter the planning time-frame is, the less profitable the sale may become. Time enables you to refine operations to maximize value, ensures key-men and non-competes are in place, allows owners to remove themselves as much as possible from the day-to-day operations, and provides time to let a tax strategy unfold especially if gifting is involved.
How to Begin the Process
- Build a Team of Professionals. Typically, a CPA, an attorney and a banker
- Establish a Timeline. This could be 6 months or 15 years
- Take Steps to Enhance Value. Make the business more attractive to buyers
- Separate Yourself from the Business. The business is now viewed as an asset for sale
- Depersonalize Decisions. Remove the emotional connection
- Create a Tax Plan. Examine all potential business and personal credits and incentives
- Prepare for Post-Exit. Establish an investment strategy for the proceeds
What is Your Best Strategy?
What are your best choices when it comes to closing your business or merging or selling it to an external buyer, family member, employee, existing co-owner or partner? Let us help assess your options.
See what else we have to offer
Complete Lifecycle Support
Our team will help you navigate through the different stages of your business and personal lifecycle. The support you need varies as you move through different stages of life.